Ubisoft is releasing an RPG game in 2014 called Child of Light, featuring a female protagonist. Like most games with female protagonists, it’s getting almost NO marketing and therefore no hype! Check it out, share it around. It looks really cute and I think we ALL want more video games with female protagonists to succeed!
Things you should know about Child of Light, other than the above:
- It is coming out on April 30th for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in the US.
- It is coming out for Steam/Uplay outside the US
- It is $14.99
- For a whole RPG
- Everyone has different budgets and this is pretty affordable for many people who game
- If you can spare the cash it is on like every platform
- April 30th! Preorder or save the date.
I’d also like to add that the soundtrack and art direction alone both look fantastic! Even if you don’t want or can’t have the game, please reblog this so fellow artists and musicians alike can see it!
DAMN this game looks GORGEOUS. Wow.
This game deserves so much more coverage. While people are getting excited for another Assassin’s Creed game less than a year after the last one, this game seems like it’s going to fly under a lot of people’s radar because Ubisoft doesn’t seem to want to give it a bit of extra marketing. I swear to God if Ubisoft decides not to make another game featuring a female protagonist because this game doesn’t sell well enough I am going to be furious.
Oh, and by the way, this game is also going to have local Co-op, so you can play with your friends/family and that might convince them to buy their own copy.